For any home or business, frozen pipes are a serious concern. When the water inside them freezes in the winter, the ice will apply pressure within the pipe as it expands. This will eventually weaken the pipe to the point of developing a fissure, or bursting, sending water everywhere and damaging the surrounding areas. It’s imperative to contact a water damage restoration professional in these situations.
ServiceMaster of Sarpy County is available in the Bellevue, NE area to provide flood cleanup services from frozen and burst pipes for affected homes and buildings. Our technicians are available 24/7 and will respond right away to dry out and repair the affected surfaces.
Prevent Pipes from Freezing
During cold temperatures, particularly freezing, the water within your pipes are at risk of freezing. If you do find yourself in this situation, it’s important to have them thawed before they cause a disaster in your home or building. Here are some steps you can take:
- Disconnect and bring in your garden hose, turning off the outdoor water supply
- Keep the pipes in unheated areas of the home insulated or warm by setting up a space heater
- Allow warm air to circulate around the pipes under your kitchen sink or in the attic or basement
- Allow water to drip slowly from your faucets to keep water flowing through the pipes
How to Thaw Frozen Pipes
In extreme cases, pipes can still freeze. Some of the biggest warning signs include finding frosty pipes or low water pressure. Here are some steps you can follow to thaw out your pipes.
- Located the frozen section of the pipe
- Inspect the pipe for damage, such as bulging or cracks. A professional plumber can help with this.
- Use a heat lamp or hair dryer to thaw the frozen pipe. Never use an open flame.
- You may need to remove a part of the drywall to access the hidden pipe.
- Turn on the faucet to push the ice out of the frozen pipe.
Burst Pipe Flood Cleanup in Bellevue, NE
Even after taking the steps listed above, frozen pipes can still go unnoticed and burst. If this has happened within your home or building, it’s crucial to turn off the main water supply line and to seek professional help from a flood cleanup service.
ServiceMaster of Sarpy County is available to help restore homes and buildings from severe water and flood damage using a number of products, equipment and perfected methods. We will remove any soiled porous materials, followed by setting up professional drying equipment to remove the excess moisture from the affected building materials and air spaces. Anti-microbials will also be applied to the affected areas to prevent the development of mold growth during the drying process.
We can provide mold remediation services if we do discover the presence of mold growth.
ServiceMaster of Sarpy County is available 24/7 at (402) 293-1625 in the Bellevue, NE area to provide flood cleanup services from burst pipes during freezing conditions. Give us a call right away for emergency services.