Given the significant harm that fires can cause to homes and buildings, they are known to be devastating disasters. Fires can be caused by many different things but no matter the source, the flames will quickly spread. It is important to evacuate the property and extinguish the fire immediately. After the fire is out, you should not wait to begin the restoration work. Corrosive byproducts like smoke and soot will continue to cause damage even after the fire is out, and the harm can become irreversible.
With our fire damage restoration services, ServiceMaster of Sarpy County can help homes and businesses in Bellevue, NE, that have sustained damage by fire and smoke. Our professional technicians will take care of the entire restoration process: repairing the structural damage, cleaning up soot damage, and eliminating smoke odors. This will be done using advanced restoration methods and equipment.
Fire Restoration in Bellevue, NE
Damage from Fire and Smoke
Fire causes widespread damage in several layers. First, the flames will devour everything in their path, which can leave a building in unstable condition. When the flames burn through materials, they also create smoke, soot, and other corrosive byproducts. These substances can result in etching and tarnishing that continues even after the fire is out. The damage from corrosive byproducts can also become permanent if not addressed in a prompt manner.
Smoke odors also tend to linger well after the fire is out. Porous materials and air spaces absorb the smoke particles, allowing the smell to persist. To effectively eliminate such odors, advanced deodorization methods need to be used.
Right after the fire has been extinguished, do not hesitate to reach out to ServiceMaster of Sarpy County for our professional fire damage restoration services.
After calling us for help, use the following tips to contain the damage:
- Increase air flow by opening up doors and windows to allow smoke and odors a way to escape.
- Dispose of exposed food items.
- Cover all return and supply registers with a cheesecloth, which will filter soot from the air.
- Put aside clothing damaged by smoke so they can be treated using specialized restoration techniques.
- Change your furnace’s filter.
Do not do the following after a fire has been put out:
- Do not go back into the property if the structure is unstable.
- Do not try cleaning soot damage on your own because incorrect cleaning methods will only worsen the damage.
- Do not come into contact with soot-damaged building materials. The oils from your hands can worsen the damage.
- Do not use your air conditioner or furnace.
- Do not use electronic appliances unless they have been properly inspected or cleared to be used.
Fire Damage Restoration in Bellevue, NE
Following your call for help, our professional technicians will quickly arrive at your property to stabilize the structure and start the pre-cleaning process that helps prevent permanent damage. We conduct cleaning and restoration work by using the best available cleaning methods and equipment and powerful cleaning products.
The following can be expected from our fire damage restoration services:
- Structural stabilization and repair: If needed, our technicians will stabilize and board up your building. This will prevent it from collapsing and suffering further damage.
- Smoke and soot cleaning: Using advanced cleaning products and equipment, our technicians will clean soot damage and prevent it from becoming permanent.
- Content cleaning and pack-out: Our technicians can provide content cleaning and pack-out services to clean soot and smoke-damaged personal belongings.
- Water damage restoration: We can dry out all materials and items that may have been damaged from the firehoses.
- Deodorization: Using advanced deodorization methods, our technicians will effectively remove smoke odors from your property to ensure it is odor free.
Once the fire has been extinguished, call ServiceMaster of Sarpy County to get help from our fire damage restoration services. Our technicians will effectively clean and restore your property and prevent irreversible damage so that your home or business is restored to its former state.
Call (402) 293-1625 for fire and smoke damage restoration services in Bellevue, NE.