No one wants to come across mold growing within their home or business because of the harm it can cause. Mold can not only cause serious property damage, but it can also lead to health concerns. Mold spores are naturally present in the air, so there is always a chance mold can grow indoors. All the spores need are food and moisture sources. Once they encounter those, the spores grow into mold colonies, damaging the materials they grow on. Without prompt action, the mold will continue to cause damage and pose a threat to your health.
With our mold remediation services, ServiceMaster of Sarpy County can help homes and businesses in Bellevue, NE, that have been affected by mold growth. Our professional technicians will find and contain all cases of mold. Using advanced methods, we will make sure the mold is thoroughly removed from your residential or commercial property.
Mold Removal in Bellevue, NE
Call (402) 293-1625 to get a free quote for the mold remediation services that ServiceMaster of Sarpy County offers in Bellevue, NE.
Damage Caused by Mold Growth
Oftentimes, mold grows in the aftermath of water damage or another moisture-related problem and can appear within 24 hours. Cellulose is a main food source for mold, so colonies usually grow on building materials — such as drywall and wood — that contain the substance. As the mold grows on the material, it eats away at its structure. The affected material becomes stained and weakened and will eventually suffer severe structural harm. The mold can also spread to new areas of your home or business.
Mold can be hazardous for people’s health. Anyone exposed to mold may experience allergy-like symptoms including nasal congestion, headaches, itchy eyes and throat, breathing problems, and skin irritation. With prolonged exposure, people may suffer from more serious problems like respiratory infections and asthma.
Mold growth can be a tricky issue, because the mold you see may only be part of a larger problem. In addition, mold may also be growing in concealed areas, such as behind walls. However, our professional technicians will locate all mold, including concealed mold growth. We first contain the mold to stop it from spreading and causing further damage. With advanced equipment and mold removal methods, we will then repair or replace damaged materials.
After calling ServiceMaster of Sarpy County for mold removal help, use the following tips to prevent the damage from worsening:
- Wear protective gear — including eye wear, a mask, and gloves — when you are in an area affected by mold.
- Wipe off condensation from walls, but do not disturb any mold colonies.
- Inspect your HVAC system for mold.
- If you have one, turn on your dehumidifier.
Do not do the following when mold has grown in your property:
- Do not try cleaning or removing the mold yourself. Improper methods can make the mold worse.
- Do not point fans at surfaces affected by mold.
- Do not use caulk or paint to cover up the mold.
The following can be expected from our mold removal services:
- Complete evaluation and testing to locate all cases of mold in your property
- Mold growth is reported to your insurance provider
- Containing the mold to stop it from spreading
- Effective mold remediation to eliminate mold growth and rid of permanently damaged materials
- Content restoration and pack-out services
If mold has grown in your property, do not wait to get help. Time will only allow the mold to spread to new areas, cause further damage, and pose a greater risk to people’s health. Immediately reach out to ServiceMaster of Sarpy County for mold remediation services.
For mold remediation in Bellevue, NE, call (402) 293-1625. We can provide you with a free estimate for our services.