When pipes in your home or business freeze, this can result in serious issues. The water inside the pipes turns into ice and expands, placing pressure on the pipe from within. Enough pressure from the ice will cause it to burst open. If the pipe bursts, water will pour into your property and result in serious damage.
With our frozen pipe water damage restoration services, ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities can help clean up homes and businesses in Grand Island, NE, that have experienced damage due to a pipe burst. Our technicians will extract the excess water and moisture from your property and restore the damage.
How to Prevent Pipes from Freezing
Winter’s extremely cold temperatures increase the risk of frozen pipes which can lead to serious water damage. You can take the following actions to prevent your pipes from freezing:
- Run a slow drip from your faucets to ensure water is flowing within the pipes.
- Allow warm air to circulate the pipes beneath sinks by opening up the cabinet doors that contain them.
- Add pipe insulation or electrical tape to insulate pipes located in vulnerable areas of your property.
- If there are uninsulated pipes, safely set up a space heater in that area.
- Bring in your garden hose and turn the outdoor water supply off.
Thawing Frozen Pipes
Even with the proper preventative measures, your property’s pipes may still freeze. If you notice frost on pipes or low water pressure, then you are likely dealing with a frozen pipe. In such a case, the following tips can help you thaw the frozen pipes:
- Find the line with the frozen pipe.
- Locate the exact area that is frozen.
- Examine the pipe for damage: frost, ice coverage, bulges, cracks, etc. Get professional help if necessary.
- Carefully use a heat lamp or hairdryer to thaw the pipe. Never use an open flame to thaw it.
- For easier access, remove drywall to access the pipe.
- Let water slowly run through the pipe by turning the faucet on.
Burst Pipe Flood Cleanup in Grand Island, NE
The cold weather of the winter always make it possible for pipes to freeze and burst. If your property experiences a frozen pipe and/or pipe burst, get help from a water damage restoration professional promptly. Gallons of water can spill into your home from a burst pipe and quickly cause significant damage. When a pipe bursts, immediately turn the main water line off and get in touch with our professionals for help.
Your property will be restored to its former condition with help from our complete frozen pipe damage restoration services. Using professional grade equipment, our technicians will extract standing water and get rid of excess moisture from drywall, furnishings, wood, and other porous materials.
Following that, we get rid of permanently damaged building materials, restore the damage, and remove any mold growth if needed.
Get in touch with ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities for frozen pipe water damage restoration services by calling (308) 390-7150. We are available to help properties in Grand Island, NE, on a 24/7 basis.
Related Flood Cleanup Services: