Fire disasters threaten the safety of anyone nearby and can cause an extensive amount of property damage very quickly. It is critical to contact the proper authorities immediately to respond to the fire. Unfortunately, the corrosive byproducts left behind by the flames can continue to spread and cause permanent damage to the property. Because of this, it is important to call a professional restoration service to tend to the damage once the fire has been extinguished.
ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities provides professional fire damage restoration for homes and businesses in Grand Island, NE and the surrounding areas. Upon arrival, our technicians will work quickly to stabilize the structure, assess the overall damage, and create a custom restoration plan that best fits your needs and schedule.
Fire Restoration in Grand Island, NE
Damage from Smoke and Soot
While the direct flames of the fire can cause a great deal of damage to the property and personal content, the affected areas are still at high risk of sustaining permanent damage caused by the smoke and soot left behind by the fire. Corrosive byproducts like smoke, soot, and oily residue can cause further damage like discoloration, etching, and smoke odors.
Our IICRC-certified technicians are properly equipped to treat, clean, repair and restore the damage inflicted on your property by fire and smoke. Our professional cleaning products and proven cleaning methods to completely restore the affected areas. Content cleaning and pack-out services to restore the damage to your personal items as well as water damage restoration to dry out affected structural materials and contents.
What to do after the fire is out:
- Call ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities for emergency fire and smoke damage restoration services
- Open all closets, drawers, and cabinets to air them out
- Take two sheets of damp cloth and tape them over every air supply and return register to filter out soot
- If the weather allows, open all windows and doors to increase air flow
- Replace the air filter for the property
- Dispose all food items that were present during the fire
- Bring all clothing and furnishings that were not too extensively damaged to a professional restoration dry cleaner
What NOT to do after the fire is out:
- Do not touch damaged materials without wearing gloves because the natural oils on your skin mixed with the corrosive byproducts can cause permanent damage
- Do not use electrical appliances without approval from a licensed professional first
- Do not use ceiling fans if the ceiling has been damaged by water
- Do not enter any rooms that have sustained extensive electrical or structural damage
- Do not try to clean soot damage on your own
Emergency Response and Board Up Services
If a fire disaster has caused extensive structural damage to your home or business, it may be unsafe to re-enter the property as the property may not be stable. But we will provide emergency board up services to prevent the risk of collapse. Then, we will safely assess the damage and begin restoring the property to a pre-disaster condition.
We at ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities can be reached 24/7 at (308) 390-7150 to respond to fire disaster emergencies in Grand Island, NE and the surrounding areas.