When your residential or commercial property has sustained damage in a fire, it is an overwhelming, stressful, and dangerous experience. Anyone who is in or near the building is at risk of being harmed by the fire and the byproducts it produces. Meanwhile, the damage to your property and personal contents can become irreversible if not addressed in a timely manner.
Once the fire is out, additional damage will occur from smoke, soot, and other corrosive byproducts. This is why it’s important to contact a professional restoration company promptly after the flames have been extinguished so cleaning and restoration work can be conducted right away.
ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities can help clean homes and businesses that have suffered fire and smoke damage through professional fire and smoke damage restoration services in Hastings, NE. Our professionals have the equipment needed to effectively clean, repair, and restore the damaged building materials, furnishings, and personal contents. If any water damage has occurred as a result of extinguishing the flames, we can also provide water damage restoration.
Fire Damage Restoration in Hastings, NE
Damage from Smoke and Soot
When there’s a fire, it also produces corrosive byproducts like smoke, soot, and oily residue. These substances continue to spread even after the flames are out and can discolor and etch surfaces. Smoke can also produce a lingering smoke odor. Because of this, such damage must be addressed in a prompt manner.
Our technicians have the training to conduct thorough cleaning, repairs, and restoration in the aftermath of a fire. With content cleaning and pack-out services, we will clean damaged areas and personal belongings, using advanced cleaning products and equipment. We can also provide reconstruction services for homes and buildings in the case of a large loss.
What to Do After the Fire Has Been Properly Extinguished:
- Contact ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities for emergency fire and smoke damage restoration services.
- If the weather allows, open up all doors and windows in the property to improve air flow.
- Discard any food that was present during the fire.
- Get together furnishings and clothes that did not suffer permanent damage and take them to be cleaned by a professional restoration dry cleaner.
- Air out all drawers, closets, and cabinets by opening them up.
- Remove the current air filter and replace it with a new one.
- Cover every air supply and return register with two sheets of damp cheesecloth.
What NOT to Do After the Fire Has Been Extinguished:
- Do not use a ceiling fan if the ceiling has experienced water damage.
- Do not try cleaning any damage on your own, especially those furnishings and surfaces that experienced soot damage.
- Do not come into contact with harmed materials unless you are wearing gloves. Your skin has natural oils that, when mixed with corrosive byproducts, can cause affected materials to become permanently damaged.
- Do not go into any rooms or areas that have sustained serious electrical or structural damage.
- Do not use any electrical appliances unless a licensed technician has given you approval to do so.
Emergency Response and Board-Up Services
If the fire has left your home or business in an unstable condition, its structure must be stabilized immediately to prevent it from collapsing. We provide emergency board-up services to help in such a situation. We will stabilize the structure in an efficient manner, evaluate the structure’s condition, and then begin the fire damage restoration process.
We are available on a 24/7 basis to provide emergency fire damage restoration services in Hastings, NE. Call (308) 390-7150 to get in touch with ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities if you need fire restoration services for your fire-damaged home or business.