Having your home or business experience damaged by a fire is extremely stressful and overwhelming. It’s also a highly dangerous situation for anyone within or near the property during the disaster. Damages caused by the flames to your property and personal belongings can be or become permanent.
But after the flames are extinguished, corrosive byproducts like smoke and soot left behind may continue to spread. Once the authorities respond to the immediate threat of the fire, it is important to contact a professional restoration company to clean and restore the affected areas as soon as possible.
ServiceMaster of Lancaster County provides professional fire and smoke damage restoration for homes and businesses in Lincoln, NE. We are equipped to clean, repair, and restore the fire and smoke damage inflicted on structural materials, furnishings and personal belongings. We can also provide water damage restoration for any items and materials affected from fire hoses.
Fire Damage Restoration in Lincoln, NE
Damage from Smoke and Soot
The flames of a fire are not the only part of the disaster that must be addressed immediately, corrosive byproducts like smoke, soot, and oily residue remain at the scene and can spread throughout the property. These damages include etching, discoloration, and smoke odors.
Our professional technicians are highly trained and capable of thoroughly cleaning, repairing, and restoring your property and personal items. We use advanced cleaning products and equipment to effectively clean the affected areas and personal content with our content cleaning and pack-out services.
What to Do After the Fire Has Been Safely Put Out:
- Contact ServiceMaster of Lancaster County for emergency fire and smoke damage restoration services
- Open all doors and windows on the property, if the weather permits, to increase air flow
- Throw away all food items that were present during the fire
- Gather any clothing and furnishings that were not permanently damaged and bring them to a professional restoration dry cleaner
- Open all cabinets, closets, and drawers to air them out
- Replace the air filter for the home or building
- Take two sheets of damp cheesecloth and tape them over every air supply and return register
What NOT to Do After the Fire is Out:
- Do not use ceiling fans if the ceiling has been damaged by water
- Do not try to clean the damages yourself, especially surfaces and furnishings damaged by soot
- Do not touch damaged materials without wearing gloves, as the natural oils on your skin mixed with the corrosive byproducts can cause permanent damage
- Do not enter any rooms that have experienced extensive structural or electrical damage
- Do not use electrical appliances without approval from a licensed technician first
Emergency Response and Board Up Services
In the event a fire causes substantial structural damages to your home or business, the structure must be stabilized to prevent possible collapse. So with emergency board up services, we can quickly stabilize the property, assess its condition, and start the fire damage restoration process.
We are available 24/7 to respond to emergency fire disaster situations in Lincoln, NE. If your home or business has experienced damages from a fire disaster, contact ServiceMaster of Lancaster County at (402) 434-2197 for fire restoration services.