Fires are deadly and destructive disasters that can quickly cause immense damage to homes and buildings. There are so many ways a fire can start, and it spreads quickly once it begins. It is important to have the building evacuated and the fire put out, but you also cannot hesitate to start the restoration process after the fire. Smoke, soot, and other corrosive byproducts created during the fire will still be present after the fire is out and continue to cause damage.
At ServiceMaster of Sarpy County, we provide complete fire damage restoration services to clean up and restore the effects of fire and smoke in Omaha, NE. Our technicians can handle every aspect of the restoration, including rebuilding structural damage, cleaning soot damage, and removing smoke odors using advanced equipment and techniques.
Fire Restoration in Omaha, NE
For fire restoration services in the Omaha, NE area, contact ServiceMaster of Sarpy County at 402-293-1625.
Damage from Fire and Smoke
The damage caused by a fire is deep and widespread and it consists of many layers. The fire itself contributes to structural damage as it burns through materials in its path and can leave a home or building unstable. The heat from the fire creates soot, smoke, and other corrosive byproducts that can tarnish and etch a wide range of materials. This type of damage can continue to spread after the fire is out and many of the affected materials will become permanently damaged if they are not restored.
Lingering smoke odors are another problem caused by fires as the odor particles get absorbed in porous materials and air spaces. It takes advanced deodorization techniques to extract smoke odors and ensure that the area is odor free.
As soon as the fire department puts out a fire on your property, you need to call our professionals at ServiceMaster of Sarpy County for professional fire damage restoration.
Once you call our professionals, you can prevent the spread of damage with these tips:
- Open doors and windows to help increase air flow and remove smoke and odors.
- Throw away all food items exposed to the fire, smoke, or soot.
- Tape a cheesecloth over each return and supply register to filter soot from the air.
- Hold fire and smoke damaged clothing aside to be treated with specialized restoration.
- Replace the filter in your furnace.
Do not take the following actions after a fire is put out:
- Do not enter the home or building if it is structurally unstable.
- Do not try to clean soot damage yourself because improper cleaning will make it worse.
- Do not touch wood, drywall, or other porous building materials damaged by soot because the oil in your hands will penetrate these materials.
- Do not use your furnace or air conditioner.
- Do not use electronic appliances until they have been inspected or cleared for use.
Fire Damage Restoration in Omaha, NE
Our technicians will arrive as soon as possible after your call to stabilize the home or building and begin pre-cleaning to prevent permanent damage from soot and residue. We use the best available equipment and cleaning methods to restore your property as well as powerful cleaning products to clean soot and residue from a range of household materials and surfaces.
You can expect the following from our fire damage restoration services:
- Structural stabilization and repair: We will stabilize and board up your home or building if necessary to prevent collapse and repair the structural damage.
- Smoke and soot cleaning: We use advanced cleaning products and equipment to clean up soot and prevent permanent damage.
- Content cleaning and pack-out: If your personal belongings are affected by soot or smoke odors, we can provide content cleaning and pack out services.
- Deodorization: We use advanced odor removal methods to effectively extract smoke odors and leave your property odor free.
As soon as the fire is put out, call our fire damage restoration experts at ServiceMaster of Sarpy County to restore your property and prevent permanent damage. We will act quickly to get your home or business cleaned up and restored its previous condition.
Give us a call at (402) 293-1625 for fire and smoke damage restoration in Omaha, NE.
Fire Damage Repair Lincoln, NE
Fire Damage Repair Grand Island, NE
Fire Damage Repair Bellevue, NE
Fire Damage Repair Hastings, NE