Mold growth is one of the last things you want to find in your home or building because it can lead to serious damage and health issues. Mold is always a threat to appear indoors because mold spores are a constant presence in the air, and they will develop into mold colonies when they find a source of food and moisture. Once mold growth appears, it will cause deeper damage to the affected materials and spread throughout the property by releasing its spores. Hesitation to react to mold growth will result in severe damage and a high risk of related health issues.
At ServiceMaster of Sarpy County, we provide mold remediation services to find and remove mold growth from homes and commercial buildings in Omaha, NE. Our technicians will find and isolate all mold growth and use advanced techniques to ensure it is fully removed from your property.
Mold Removal in Omaha, NE
Damage Caused by Mold Growth
Mold growth generally occurs if there is water damage or a moisture issue and it can appear in as little as 24 hours. Mold colonies tend to grab hold of wood, drywall, and other building materials that contain cellulose which is its main food source. As the mold eats away at the affected materials, they become stained and weakened which can lead to serious structural damage. The mold is also a threat to spread throughout your property.
The other threat posed by mold is the health problems it can cause. Those exposed can develop allergic reactions such as headaches, nasal congestion, skin irritation, itchy eyes and throat, and trouble breathing. More serious issues like asthma and respiratory infections can arise with prolonged exposure.
One of the tricky things about mold is that the visible mold growth may only be part of the problem. Mold can form in hidden areas behind walls and above ceilings as well. Our technicians will uncover all mold growth in your home and isolate it to prevent it from spreading. We will then remove the mold using advanced mold removal techniques and equipment and repair or replace the affected materials.
Once you have called ServiceMaster of Sarpy County for mold removal, you can do the following to limit the damage:
- Protect yourself when in the affected areas by wearing gloves, eye wear, and a mask.
- Wipe condensation off the walls but do not disturb any mold growth.
- Look for signs of mold in the HVAC system.
- Turn on the dehumidifier if you have one.
Do not take the following actions to avoid making the mold problem worse:
- Do not try to clean or remove mold.
- Do not aim fans at moldy surfaces.
- Do not cover mold growth with paint or caulk.
You can expect the following from our mold removal services:
- Thorough evaluation and testing to find all mold growth on your property.
- The extent of the mold growth is reported to your insurance company.
- Isolation of the mold growth to prevent its spread.
- Complete mold remediation to remove all mold growth as well as permanently damaged materials.
- Contents restoration and pack out services.
You should never hesitate to address mold growth on your property because it will continue to spread and cause more extensive damage. If you find mold in your home or building, contact ServiceMaster of Sarpy County right away for our mold remediation services.
You can reach us at (402) 293-1625 for mold remediation in Omaha, NE. We also provide free estimates.